Thursday, February 17, 2005

Time to think about camp

I haven't figured out yet what the heck I'm going to do with my kids over the summer. Have you? I've had them in a special-needs day camp in the past, and more recently in a church day camp that was willing to handle my son's behavior and hire a one-on-one aide for us. But this summer, I'm just not sure. I'm tempted to try to figure out some way to work at home so I could not send them to camp at all but do all sorts of good academic enrichment stuff ... but realistically, given my habit of biting off more than I can chew, am I really going to do all that or will we just wind up sitting around all day? It's getting to be time to figure these plans out. If you're flailing around for camp plans, too, check out the section on camp for kids with special needs I just put up on the Parenting Special Needs site at About.com. At least there, I look like I've got all the answers.

No comments: